Use banding and strapping supplies to secure products, by bundling them or strapping them to pallets. Reducing damage in transit or warehouse, minimising the handling of cardboard cartons and cutting shipping costs.
To strap or not to strap?
If you are deciding whether you need to use straps in your packaging – ask yourself how heavy your items are. Consider if they are being transported loose or on pallets.
If you suspect your goods won’t be handled correctly or if there is enough opportunity for them to jostle; banding and strapping supplies can be a great resource for your packaging.
There are chiefly three main materials used for strapping, each having their own tailored benefits: polypropylene, polyester and steel. Bands or straps come in different wounds.
Our wide range of quality straps
- – Polypropylene strap – Flexible and user friendly for hand or machine use. Used for lighter to medium weight goods. EMJAY’s polypropylene straps come in a range of strengths and sizes to suit your application. They come delivered in handy dispenser boxes for your convenience
- – Polyester (PET) strapping – An increasingly popular choice. Safer than steel strapping but with the same strength capacity. Can also be heat sealed with a battery-operated tool to efficiently speed up the strapping process.
- – Steel strapping – A quick, and effective strap to secure cable clamps or covers to poles. The classic solution for heavy loads with protruding edges.
- – Ribbon Wound – Smaller than rope (one strap wide). To use with heavier products with rounded edges. Making products safer and easier to handle. Comes in 12mm, 15mm and 19mm.
- – Rope Wound – Larger and thicker than ribbon. Rope wound steel straps is a heavy coil made out of many rings, 56mm wide in our supply.
- – Composite Strapping – A popular alternative to steel, often known as ‘synthetic steel.’ Composite strapping uses innovative technology to make the strongest non-metal strap with polyester. Light, flexible, cost effective, with no sharp edges and with high resistance and shock absorption. It’s the ideal choice for delicate products.
- – Woven strapping – Soft and pliable, woven strapping offers no chance for you to cut yourself. But is also rigid enough for industrial use. Cannot rust or rot and can be re-tensioned and re-used. Another strong known alternative to steel.
- – Strapping machines – Take your business forward with a strapping machine to accelerate your strapping. We offer pallet strapping machines, hi-speed fully automatic strapping machines, fully automatic strapping machines and semi-automatic strapping machines.
- – Dispensers – Dispensers reduce product waste and more importantly the risk of injury to workers.
- – Tensioner tools – To tighten straps. It reduces the need for bending during strapping, reducing injury risk.
- – Crimper – Used for sealing your straps.
- – Strapping clips and buckles – To secure straps in place.
We offer warranty on all machinery, and their parts and services for up to 3 years. We can provide payment options from an upfront purchase, hire purchase, rent or loan. Contact our team for more.